The Thar Desert Expedition
Sanjaya Pandava, Assistant Professor of History at the Bardic College of Lore in Videha, Mithila, spent his entire life obsessed with the pre-Godwar history of the Eternal Solar Empire. This obsession seemingly blinded him to the suspicion that inevitably attaches to high Elves outside of Ayodhya researching this subject, and he was known to hold forth on the academic minutiae of his chosen field of study at great length to any party who expresses interest.
Sadly, much of the pre-war Empire has been subsequently swallowed by the Thar Desert, a dangerous wasteland where heat and dessication are the least of your concerns. Professor Pandava spent most of the money he had earned over the course of the century he lived in Videha sending treasure hunters and mercenaries into the wastes to brave the ruined, sand-buried cities and bring back anything of interest they can find. Quite a few of these people have never returned.
Nevertheless, finally, Professor Pandava was convinced that he had solid information on the location of one of the fabled Titans of the Sun, legendary machines created by the joint arts of wizards and clerics of Surya to stand sentinel over the ancient Empire, machines that were turned to the purpose of devastating war in that Empire's last days. His information must have been reasonably convincing, for the College of Lore agreed to fund a three-team expedition into the Thar desert led by Professor Pandava and his two brightest graduate students, each of which traveled to a different prospective site where the Professor believed locational-data might be found to triangulate the fallen Titan's exact location.
All three teams ran into trouble. The professor's own Team Eka survived encounters with undead and a mysterious Archivist. While waiting to rendezvous in the ruins of ancient Sarya, they discovered Team Dvi had run afoul of a strange sorceress in the desert who proved to be a deadly Lamia. Team Tri met an even darker fate, betrayed by its own leader, the Professor's own graduate student who proved to be in league with Ayodhya.
Eventually, though, the remnants of the expedition found and explored a buried Titan, recovering ancient control artifacts as well as the Titan's heart, an ancient artifact of incredible power, for which their names will be recorded in the annals of the University for all time.
- Sanjaya Pandava, Assistant Professor of History, Expedition Leader
- Elenwe Two-Toes, Enlightened Knight and Expedition Quartermaster
- Saatvik, Cleric of Sarasvati, Graduate Student
- Xedris “Somabhakta”, Cleric of Soma, Wizard, Scholar
- Vin, Itinerant Monk
- Panja, Desert Guide
- Tavi Agarwal, Professional Treasure Hunter
- Aleeni Vas, Bard, Graduate Student Team Leader (Rescued from a Lamia, Returned to Mithila)
- Sthisik, Enlightened Squire, Supply (Deceased, Killed and Eaten by a Lamia)
- Danica Free, Jack-of-All-Trades (Deceased, Killed and Eaten by a Lamia)
- Sindoor, Prophetess and Visionary (Rescued from Slavery, Returned to Mithila)
- Alik Vasir, Professional Caravan Guide (Released from Service)
- Raj Sinhala, Bard, Graduate Student Team Leader (Turned Traitor on Behalf of Ayodhya)
- Arjuna Tenarrow, Enlightened Squire, Supply (Wounded by Raj Sinhala, Rescued and Returned to Mithila)
- Cinder, Mysterious Sorceress (Turned Traitor on Behalf of Ayodhya)
- Tan Viper, Desert Survivalist, Guide (Deceased, Betrayed by Raj Sinhala)
- The Great Shah Khan, Adventurer Extraordinaire (Turned Traitor on Behalf of Ayodhya)